10 Reasons People Give through a Community Foundation
1. It is a local organization with deep roots in the community.
2. Community foundations have a broad range of experience in charitable giving and community needs.
3. Knowledge of the nonprofit community gives foundation staff the ability to provide highly personalized service tailored to each donor’s charitable interests.
4. A variety of charitable funds offers donors flexibility tailored to their financial goals.
5. Community foundations are community leaders, convening groups and resources to create positive and lasting change.
6. Community foundations partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
7. Community foundations offer the maximum tax advantage for gifts under federal law.
8. Gifts are automatically multiplied for maximum impact when held in an unrestricted fund.
9. Community foundations help build legacies through endowment funds, which benefit the community forever.
10. Community foundations offer free and impartial consultations with you and your financial advisor on planned giving.
Our mission is to inspire and to support donors making a difference now and forever. Learn more at www.cfsaz.org.
Community foundations are tax-exempt public charities that help donors support the community that they call home. Individuals, families, businesses, and organizations create permanent charitable funds that help their regions meet local challenges. There are hundreds of community foundations across the country, including the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Our Guiding Principles
•We treat our grantees and donors as valued partners.
•We believe that people support what they create.
•We invest resources to build on strengths in the community.
•We believe that providing capacity-building support helps
We invest in the long term and bring people and organizations together, convening diverse voices to address local issues and opportunities. Our business is building community.